“You don’t realize that I am watching you. I am watching all of you. Your sinful deeds are all around you, and I, the Lord, see them all. You entertain each other with wickedness and lies and many of you are aflame with lust. Yet, as I watch and listen, not one of you cries out to me. You continue to mingle with godless foreigners and you made yourself as worthless as a half baked cake. Are you for me or do you long for the things of this world? Have they filled your heart so much that you no longer desire me? Haven’t you read the warnings? My people have become lukewarm.
Do you cowardly cringe when you say the name of my Son Jesus? If you deny Him, He will surely deny you before ME. What sorrow awaits those who desert ME. For I sent My only Beloved Son FOR YOU, Yet you consider it as nothing. My fury is about to be poured out like boiling water from an overturned pot. How much longer shall I call out to you?
My heart weeps for you. If you would only open your eyes and see how much I LOVE YOU. You seek me, but you don’t find me. You have looked everywhere but you your sins have weighed you down, you carry them around as ropes tied to you. When will you confess?- for I am an all forgiving God- and Savior. But you don’t admit your wrongs. Have you not heard that there is no sacrifice that will cover your deliberate continual sinning? You don’t cry out to me with sincere hearts.
Warnings about lust in the bible:
- Lust causes corruption in this world 1 Peter 4
- Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. James 1:15
- These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin, and sin when it is finished, bringeth forth death. James 1;13-15
- Worldly desires wage war against your very souls. 1 Peter 2 ;11
- Lust can lead you to hell. (Matthew 5;28)
- To desire what you don’t have is vexation of your spirit Eccl 6:9
- Lust will crowd out the message of Christ and will make you unfruitful Mark 4:19
- Those who chose do deny God are given up to their lusts God gave them up to their vile passions because they did not worship the creator and women exchanged their natural use Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. Romans 1
- Lust can take over and control your life Romans 6:12
- Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin, but instead give yourself completely to God. Don’t let sin be your master. Romans 6;12-15
- Wake up! The day of Salvation is closer than it was when you first believed, so get rid of all sexual promiscuity and the dirty rags you have clothed yourself in, instead clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ and don’t’ let yourself think about ways to indulge in evil desires. Romans 13;11-14
- Trust in God to show you ways out of temptation 1 Corinthians 10:12
- Lust and sexual immorality are a result of following the flesh and rejecting the following of the Holy Spirit Galatians 5:24-26
- People living for lustful pleasures will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. Gal 5:21
- Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there Galatians 5
- The desire for money will lead you to temptations that destroy 1 Tim 6:9-10
- Some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows. 1 Tim 6:10
- Even though we live in a sinful world, we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God
- God can wash away your sins and free you from the slavery of lust- because of His great Mercy and Grace- titus 3:3
- Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. James 4:2
Hear the Word of the Lord:
- Ecclesiastes 6:9 The sight of the eye is better than to walk in the lusts: this also is vanity, and vexation of spirit. .-Enjoy what you have and don’t desire what you don’t have, that is like chasing the wind.
- Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her, hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.So if your eye, even your good eye, causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it wayay. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell
- Mark 4:19 But the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things enter in, and choke the word, and it is unfruitful.
- John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do: he hath been a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, then speaketh he of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof.
- Romans 1:18-32 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
- Galatians 5:16-26 let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses. When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 2 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.
- Romans 6:12 Let not sin reign therefore in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof:
- 1 Timothy 6:9 But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows
- 2 Timothy 2:22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts Flee also from the lusts of youth, and follow after righteousness, faith, love, and peace, with them that call on the Lord with pure heart,
- 2 Timothy 4:3 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will reject the truth and chase after myths for the time will come when they will not suffer wholesome doctrine: but having their ears itching, shall after their own lusts
- Titus 2:12 And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God,And teacheth us, that we should deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, and that we should live soberly and righteously, and godly in this present world,
- Titus 3:3 Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy, and we hated each other. But—“When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. 6 He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. 7 Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.” 8 This is a trustworthy saying, and I want you to insist on these teachings so that all who trust in God will devote themselves to doing good. These teachings are good and beneficial for everyone. For we ourselves also were in times past unwise, disobedient, deceived, serving the lusts and divers pleasures, living in maliciousness and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
- James 1:15 13 And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else. Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin, and sin when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
- James 4:2 You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God. 5 What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy? 6 But he gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say,“God opposes the proud but favors the humble.”7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. 9 Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.
- 1 Peter 2:11 Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. 12 Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world Dearly beloved, I beseech you, as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which fight against the soul,
- 1 Peter 4:3 For it is sufficient for us that we have spent the time past of the life, after the lust of the Gentiles walking in wantonness, lusts, drunkenness, in gluttony, drinkings, and in abominable idolatries. Of course, your former friends are surprised when you no longer plunge into the flood of wild and destructive things they do. So they slander you. But remember that they will have to face God, who will judge everyone, both the living and the dead. 6 That is why the Good News was preached to those who are now dead—so although they were destined to die like all people, they now live forever with God in the Spirit
- They commit adultery with their eyes, and their desire for sin is never satisfied. They lure unstable people into sin, and they are well trained in greed. They live under God’s curse. They have wandered off the right road and followed the footsteps of Balaam son of Beor, who loved to earn money by doing wrong. But Balaam was stopped from his mad course when his donkey rebuked him with a human voice. 2 Peter 2:15-20
- Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.1 John 2:15-17
- These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage. 17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: 18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. 19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit. Jude 1:16-18
This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is, time is running out.
|For our salvation is nearer now then when we first believed. The night is almost gone, the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don’t participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealously. Instead clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ and don’t’ let yourself think about ways to indulge in evil desires. Romans 13;11-14
- What is wrong with viewing pornography, if I don’t lust after the person? (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- Deliverance From Lust (niyi292.wordpress.com)
- Modesty in Today’s Fashion (mymindyourplan.wordpress.com)