Sin separates us from God, Isaiah 59:2 mentions 4 things specifically that both separate us from God and causes Him not to hear our prayers – 1- defiled by blood – I believe that means the shedding of innocent blood 2- iniquity – that is sin 3- lies and 4- perverse lips
But wait, that’s the old testament – is that irrelevant now? Consider 1 peter 3:7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
This means your prayers, even your earnest prayers will be cut off if you treat others wrongly.
I didn’t believe this was a possibility for Christians but God showed me that this is still true today. If we do not treat others with love, if we hurt or mistreat others, our prayers are cut off. You must repent, apologize and turn from your ways. Repentance is still required despite the new demonic teaching that teaches that since we are saved by the blood that we can sin and move on without repentance. Those are demonic teachings, Jesus didn’t die so we could keep sinning, He died so we would be like Him, that we would be worthy to stand before the throne of God, that we would be heirs in His salvation, that our hearts would be a dwelling place of the Holy Spirit.
If you have hurt someone, if you are living in sin, you must repent. I could prove my point with more scripture on repentance, but my main truth here is to warn you of the consequences of unrepentance. You also must check your heart for pride and haughtiness which includes unforgiveness which is a form of pride in our hearts. If you want to be forgiven for your sins, you have to forgive all those who have hurt you – it doesn’t make it right, but it makes it right for you. God is a God of justice and He will take care of the matter. If you search the scriptures you will find that what comes around, goes around. There is a consequence for wrong steps but if you read in Proverbs 11, you will see that each step you take in the right direction leads you on the path the Lord has for you, yes, each step you take . That means every right and innocent decision you make each day and moment (God sees intention and motives in the heart) not only puts you on the right path, but on this path you are promised both protection and deliverance – so if you are making right decisions and your way is troubled, trust that the Lord is there with you to deliver you and to protect you so put all your hope and trust in Him, which is pleasing to Him.
I know a lot of teachers oppose this along with the “once saved always saved”, but scripture is our defining point, it’s the plumbline (Amos) of our life in Christ, and it’s the only Word that has the power to save you.
scripture below to prove that He will not listen, He will turn His head away from you – so get yourself right with Him
- Isaiah 1:15 When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; Even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. Your hands are full of blood.
- Jeremiah 7:16“Therefore do not pray for this people, nor lift up a cry or prayer for them, nor make intercession to Me; for I will not hear you.
- Jeremiah 11:14“So do not pray for this people, or lift up a cry or prayer for them; for I will not hear them in the time that they cry out to Me because of their trouble.
- Micah 3:4 Then they will cry to the Lord, But He will not hear them; He will even hide His face from them at that time, Because they have been evil in their deeds.
- Hosea 7:2 They do not consider in their hearts That I remember all their wickedness; Now their own deeds have surrounded them; They are before My face
- Ezekiel 8:18 Therefore I also will act in fury. My eye will not spare nor will I have pity; and though they cry in My ears with a loud voice, I will not hear them.”
- Jeremiah 13:17 But if you will not hear it, My soul will weep in secret for your pride; My eyes will weep bitterly And run down with tears, Because the Lord’s flock has been taken captive.
- Jeremiah 14:12 When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence.”
- Zechariah 7:13 Therefore it happened, that just as He proclaimed and they would not hear, so they called out and I would not listen,” says the Lord of hosts.
- Revelation 9:20 But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk.